Minhaj Weekend Learning Academy (MWLA)
The Minhaj Weekend Learning Academy (MWLA) is founded on the belief that proper knowledge and regular practice help to create the Taqwa (Piety / Fear) of Allah Subhan Wa Ta’Ala in a Muslim’s heart. This coupled with the love of Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam leads to Allah Subhan Wa Ta’Ala’s favors in this life, and ultimately to the most desired destination of the Hereafter, i.e., Paradise.
MWLA is committed to leading our next generation on the true path of Islam through the Holy Qur’an and the example of our Beloved Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam. It has a unique curriculum that has been especially designed for children in our community in order to increase their knowledge and practice of traditional Islam. The goal of the Academy is to help them to truly understand and practice moderate Islam in their day to day lives in order to develop good morals and character. The Academy also aims to provide clarity and direction to our youth in this age of trials, confusion and misguided ideologies.
- Teach everything that is required to worship Allah Subhan Wa Ta’Ala alone in the day-to-day life
- Instill the love, respect and obedience of our Beloved Holy Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam)
- Increase the knowledge of traditional Islam and instill the love and respect of Ahle Bayt, Sahabas and Awliya-Allah
- Spiritual and Moral Development with an emphasis on exhibiting excellent character and manners at home and outside to improve family and community relationships and the image of Muslims
- Shun extremism, while embracing the correct set of beliefs regarding the universal message of Islam, the message of love and peace
- Aqaaid (System of Beliefs)
- The Holy Quran (Duas, Basic Memorization, Tajweed, Meaning)
- Hadith (Sunnah and Traditions)
- Fiqh (Islamic Rulings and Practices)
- Islamic History (Prophets, Sahabas, Key Historical Figures and Events)
- Akhlaaq (Morality and Good Manners)
Students are also prepared for various events and competitions throughout the year.
- Small class sizes
- Age and knowledge appropriate class placements
- Dedicated volunteer staff members
Classes held every Sunday from 10AM-1:30PM during the Academic School Year. Closed during summer.
- $300 for first child, $250 for second child, $200 for third child and so on
- Includes Books, Supplies,
- Includes Events and Prizes
- Includes Snack served during recess
- Installment plans available for payment of tuition
- Students are admitted free of charge if facing financial hardship